Friday 4 November 2011

Farewell to London Bridge

I've managed two runs this week. One on the treadmill on Monday - 3 miles in 37 minutes, and one outside today - 2.8 miles in 30 minutes.

It's been a bit of a busy week. I'm moving house tomorrow. I'm leaving London Bridge, where I've lived for the last four and a bit years. I'm not going far, just 15 mins down the road really. I'm moving to a gorgeous flat, with a very cool friend, and I'm so excited about that.

But I am sad to leave too. I've been really happy here. I love Borough Market, I love the little local park with its gorgeous flowerbeds and Victorian gravestones, and the excellent local library, not to mention the amazing selection of local pubs (The Gladstone, the Market Porter and the Roebuck are my favourites, if you're wondering). I've been here for the vast majority of my time in London. But it's time for a change, and after all, this neighbourhood isn't going anywhere, so I can always come back and visit. Who knows, one day I might win the Euromillions jackpot, which would just about buy me a 2-bed flat round here.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and resolved to go for one final run. It was pouring with rain at that point and I resigned myself to getting wet, but actually by the time I went out the weather had really cleared up and it was a glorious, fresh, cold, sunny run.

I accidentally took a short cut too. Whoops!

I was supposed to do my postponed first interval training session on Wednesday but didn't make it, again. Our gorgeous family cat Jessie had to be put to sleep that morning (aged 18, which I know is a good innings, yaddah yaddah, but it was still horrible) and quite frankly all I wanted to do was go home and have a glass of wine and a bath and a massive cry. I actually think it did me good to have three rest days in a row as I felt on really good running form today. My right calf, which has been bothering me a bit, definitely felt much looser.

Anyway, I'm now sitting here surrounded by crap that I need to bag and box up so that it can be moved tomorrow. And I've got a double bed being delivered in an hour and nowhere to put it. So I'd better crack on. Next run is 4 miles on Sunday, by which time I'll be in the new flat! Hurrah.

But for now - farewell London Bridge. It's been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment