Sunday 16 October 2011

Getting my shit together

OK, so first things first.

Trainers - check. I've got quite decent trainers, actually. They're a couple of years old, but not exactly well-used. I got them in one of those fancy running shops where they film you on a treadmill and watch whether you over/under pronate, i.e. roll your feet in or out.

Sports bra - check. Essential. It's bright pink, it's from M&S. It holds my boobs still while the rest of me continues to jiggle.

Other sports gear - check. Kind of. Running in H&M leggings is fine, right? So what if you can see my pants through them a bit. I've got nice pants. I've got a great collection of baggy T shirts, mainly collected at gigs or stolen from my brother. I've got a long sleeve sports-type top, from the days when I had a brief flirtation with cycling to work.

Might need to get some gloves for the winter.

Treadmill - check. Free (teeny tiny) gym at work. Woop.

Roads - check. Central London conveniently has much tarmac to pound.

Training plan - hmmmmmm.

Googling has come up with lots of suggestions. One search result is a forum where a hapless would-be marathonner asks, "is it possible to train for a marathon in six months?"

Answers spread across huge range, from "I wouldn't say it's a great plan" to "you're an idiot". Not one single positive response.

What do you know, random running forum.

Back to the search. Here we go. This looks promising.

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/marathon-training-schedule.html

Lots of advice and what looks like a realistic plan. And I've even got a week to spare - result!

OK, first run tomorrow, 2 miles. I can definitely do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment