Monday 17 October 2011

Watch out Paula

So I did my first run today. It felt pretty good. I did 2 miles (3.2km) in 25 minutes and 25 seconds.

I know what you're thinking: WOW. Just wow. At that speed, I'll be breaking the six hour mark. Ok, it's a tad slower than I'd imagined. I probably need to speed it up a bit. Not yet, but eventually.

One thing someone told me yesterday is that when you run on a treadmill, you have to set an incline. If you leave it at 0%, it's basically just like skipping downhill. You have to put it up to 1 or 2%.

So that's what I did today. It wasn't terrible. Not as easy, sure, but not dreadful. Not like hiking up a hill. Just a little bit harder. More like running outside in the real world.

I think I'm going to try and do my Sunday runs (the longer ones) outside each week to get a realistic idea of what it's like running outside. I'll stick to the treadmill for my weekday ones.

And I need to work on a POWER PLAYLIST. Running to music makes a massive difference. You should have seen me when Tinie Tempah came on my iPod - I mean, wow! I was able to run ... ever so slightly less slowly.

One down, 89 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment