Friday 21 October 2011

Morning vs night time

I did another two miles on Wednesday (23 minutes) and two today (22 minutes). So I'm getting ever so slightly quicker.

Kind of like the way the continents are moving towards each other ever so slightly faster than they used to.

I've done two pre-work runs this week, and one, today, after work. I don't know what I prefer.

Going before work gives me a sense of achievement before 9.30am, not something I often have (in general, not just in the mornings). It means I can go off and scoff peanut butter on toast for breakfast with a clear conscience. On the downside, it turns my face the colour and texture of corned beef hash until about lunchtime.

Running after work I generally have a bit more energy. I'm more up for it. And the gym is emptier, so less chance of bumping into my colleagues. But it also means I immediately have a 30-minute walk home along the river in the dark, groping for my pepper spray and keeping on the alert for muggers and rapists.

Ups and downs, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment