Wednesday 19 October 2011

POWER PLAYLIST time

OK, it's time to make a POWER PLAYLIST.

I really like music. I know that's a somewhat anodyne statement, like saying you like sunshine or chocolate. Woah there, trailblazer.

But I do, I've got a Spotify Premium subscription and everything. There aren't many situations in life for which I don't run to Spotify and create a new playlist. Parties! Bedtime! Popping to Topshop to take back that hat that looked really good in the changing room but feels stupid once you get home! There's a playlist for every mood.

So today I made my running playlist (and tested a small portion of it out on a run, by the way - 2 miles in 23 minutes).

It goes like this:

*Pass Out - Tinie Tempah
One - Swedish House Mafia (guess who still hasn't gotten over her holiday in Ibiza this summer)
Yeah - Boys Noize
Firework - Katy Perry (I'm not proud of myself)
Judas - Lady Gaga
Only Girl in the World - Rihanna
*Lose Yourself - Eminem
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
Stronger - Kanye West
The Kids Aren't Alright - The Offspring
*Flux - Bloc Party
*Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim
Kids in America - Kim Wilde
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Who's That Chick - David Guetta
Like a G6 - fuck knows, some one hit wonder
Run to You - Bryan Adams
Lust for Life - Iggy Pop
*Derezzed - Daft Punk (this is AMAZING, I need to find a longer mix of it)
Rock That Body - Black Eyed Peas
Sky and Sand - Paul Kalkbrenner
Yeah, Techno! soulwax Mix
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You - Black Kids
Ghosts N stuff - Deadmau5
Riverside - CDM Project apparently, who knew?
Our Velocity - Maximo Park
*Moar Ghosts N Stuff - Deadmau5
*I Need Air - Magnetic Man
a whole load more Black Eyed Peas tracks I can't be arsed to type out
Hey Ya! - Outkast
*Rock Star - NERD (Jason Nevins remix - this is important, the original is NOT a good song to run to. It's a bit like when Fatboy Slim remixed Brim Full of Asha by Cornershop and it suddenly became a great song)
Doctor Pressure - Mylo
That's Not My Name - Ting Tings
Fruit Machine - Ting Tings
Bounce - Calvin Harris feat Kelis
We are the People - Empire of the Sun (Wawa Club remix)
Lights On - Katy B feat Ms Dynamite

Let's face it, that's way more music than I currently need on a single run. I've asterisked (not Obelixed) the ones that I really like to run to. Any suggestions for other good songs are welcome. No Radiohead/similar please. This is music to make you run really really fast, not to make you reach for the diazepam.

I also bought this handy gizmo to hold my iPhone so that I can take it out running and not have to hold it in my sweaty mitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment